HSI Application Computers For Class – 6
The new NCERT guidelines and the syllabi of all the other boards have been carefully considered while preparing this series.
The main objective of the series is to familiarize students with the practical applications and the versatility of a computer. Thus, the approach in the series is application-oriented with plenty of screenshots, cartoon characters, dialog and color. Written in an easy-to-understand manner, the presentation is lucid and direct. The contents include the history of computing, the components and parts of a computer, basic software applications, the Internet and the ethical issues surrounding the use of computers and information technology.
Availability: 24 in stock
- Computer Manners presents computer etiquette using cartoon strips
- Practice Time (Classes 3 to 8) after every major topic provides students situational exercises along with their solutions to reinforce learning
- Fast Forward (Classes 3 to 8) provides keyboard shortcuts for commands, to help users save time while performing routine operations
- Top Tip (Classes 3 to 8) gives students useful tips on the options available for different operations
- Did You Know? (Classes 3 to 8) provides interesting information on the topic being covered
- Tricky Terms at the end of a chapter lists the important terms a student comes across in the chapter along with their definitions.
- Memory Bytes (Classes 3 to 8) summarizes each chapter for a quick recapitulation of all the topics in that chapter
- Exercises questions learners on all aspects of conceptual theory covered in a chapter
- In the Lab challenges students to apply the concepts learned to real-life situations
- Teacher’s Notes suggests creative ways to approach a chapter or difficult topic
- Picture Dictionary (Classes 1 and 2) at the end of the books for easy recognition of the objects learnt